I fell in love with running while competing for my high school cross country and track team in San Jose, CA. I went on to run for the San Jose State University cross country team where I received my bachelor's degree in Kinesiology in 2005. While at SJSU, I was a scholar athlete and served as a team captain. It was here that I discovered my passion to help others recover from injury, and decided to pursue a career in Physical Therapy. I was accepted in University of Southern California's #1 ranked Physical Therapy program and graduated with my Doctor in Physical Therapy in 2010. Since graduation, I have been working with clients in an orthopedics and sports setting. My philosophy is to treat the whole body using the kinetic chain model to find the root source of the injury.
Commitment to Learning
While at USC, I was appointed to the California Physical Therapy Association Education Committee student liaison position. Running injury prevention has been the main focus of my continuing education. I am dedicated to continuing professional development and staying in the cutting edge of my profession.
- Chris Power's Functional Biomechanics of the Lower Quarter
- UCSF Running Course: Clinically Applied Biomechanics
- North American Seminars: Running Injuries:Examination, Differential Diagnosis and Treatment Interventions
- Gary Gray Institute Fellow of Applied Functional Science (FAFS)
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- USA Track and Field Level 1 Coach
- American Red Cross Certified Emergency Medical Responder
Health and Wellness
-10 years of coaching runners at the high school and college level
- Personal training clients of all skill and age levels. She has trained runners, triathletes, high school athletes and individual who want to enhance their fitness.
- Competes for Wolfpack Running Club and their team physical therapist.
- Medical volunteer at San Jose Rock 'n Roll and Chicago marathon as well as a crew member for Badwater 135.
- USA Track and Field member and participates races and triathlons.